L-R John Rempel – Youth For Christ, Cate Friesen, NEW Story Telling Coach for presenters, Lynda Lambert – MAF Power of the Purse Endowment Fund, Cathy Ching – South Central Regional Library
105 ladies participated in 2020. Those in attendance enjoyed a delicious FREE brunch catered by Jer’s Cuisine and granted a total of $10,540 as follows:
Youth For Christ – Dignity Bags for Teen Girls $4,105
South Central Regional Library – Tablets for Seniors Digital Literacy Program $3,149
Morden Area Foundation – Power of the Purse Endowment Fund – $3,286
Special thank you to the 2020 partnership sponsors: Access Credit Union, RBC, Dr. Randy and Karla Warkentin, Focal Point, Sawatzky’s Furniture, Linda Duncan, Morden Nurseries.
Youth For Christ, Dignity Bags for Teen Girls $4,105
South Central Regional Library, Tablets for Seniors Digital Literacy Program $3,149
MAF Power of the Purse Endowment Fund $3,286
Habitat for Humanity, Project: New Home Build in Morden $5,089.99
Pembina Valley Pregnancy Centre, Project: Steps in Hope Infant Grief Program $3,064.01
Genesis House, Project: Caring Men’s Program $4,105.00
South Central Cancer Resource, Project: Free Headwear for Clients $4,540
Pembina Hills Arts Centre, Project: Free Creative Play Program $2,254
City of Morden, Project: Mental Health Week $3,756
Pembina Valley Child Care Centre, Project: Baby Room Equipment for New Daycare $2,683.27
Agassiz Medical Clinic Community Board, Project: Teen Clinic $3,208.27
Alzheimer’s Society of Manitoba, Project: Minds in Motion Program $4,108.46
Parent Child Resource Centre, Project: Facilitator $4,000
South Central Cancer Resource, Project: Skin Screening Clinic $3,000
Genesis House, Project: Dining Table for 16 $3,000
Power of the Purse Granting Guidelines
The mission of the Morden Area Foundation Power of the Purse is to engage women of all generations and children in the power of community philanthropy. Our goal is to create a lasting legacy that will provide funds for local charities already at work in our community, and to encourage the birth and growth of new initiatives that target emerging needs of women and children.
The Morden Area Foundation Power of the Purse grants program assists a wide range of organizations, whose projects and/or programs benefit women and children.
The purpose of the program is to provide one-year grants to non-profit organizations that provide services in Morden and area. Grant funds may be used for direct costs related to projects/programs, such as but not limited to personnel, equipment, materials and supplies, and administration.
In addition, the following eligibility requirements apply:
- Applicant must be a registered charitable organization providing services in Morden and area.
- Grant funds must be used to provide services in Morden and area.
- Only complete proposals will be reviewed.
- Grant requests are for one year only.
- Grant requests must be for a project/program that supports women, children and/or families.
- As per the guidelines of the Morden Area Foundation (MAF) we are pleased to grant funds to faith based organizations provided that the programs are of benefit to the broader community.
- Previous Power of the Purse grant recipients must complete and submit a final grant report for any and all previously received Power of the Purse grants to be eligible to apply in the current grant cycle.
- If a previous Power of the Purse grant recipient has been awarded a Power of the Purse grant for two previous consecutive years, the recipient must wait two years before applying for another Power of the Purse grant.
Eligible applicants receiving a grant award from the Power of the Purse may only use grant funds for charitable purposes as stated in the proposal. The Morden Area Foundation will administer grant funds on behalf of the Power of the Purse. MAF has the authority to withhold and/or recover grant funds, if at any time grant funds are misused. MAF will investigate allegations of improper use of grant funds for the private benefit of donor-advisors. Each grantee must enter into an agreement with MAF and must submit a financial and narrative report at the conclusion of the project.
- Deadline Applications must be RECEIVED by 5pm on September 30th of each year.
- Applications may be submitted via email, postal mail, or personal delivery. Faxed proposals will not be accepted. Grant applications will be collected and administered by the MAF on behalf of the WGC.
- Postal Address: Morden Area Foundation, Box 50049, Morden, MB R6M 1V1
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Requirements Each applicant shall submit an application packet consisting of one copy of each of the following:
- Cover letter on organization letterhead, signed by the Executive Director (limited to one page)
- Completed Grant Application – includes Cover Page, Proposal Form, your Budget as per your request, and your organization’s current Financial Statements
- Organization’s registered charity number
- List of organization’s Board Members and Executive Staff
- Organizations current annual operating budget, including expenses and revenues.
Organizations may contact Lynda D. Lambert, MAF Executive Director, with questions, at 204-822-5614 or email@example.com.
Members of the Women’s Giving Circle 2013
Carmen Allen Audrey Armstrong Lorna Barclay Julia Barclay Donna Barnet
Lucille Bell Jeanette Bergmann Phyllis Binda Lenora Bollenbach Sandy Bollenbach
Sharon Bollenbach Stephanie Bolt Edith Brunn Bonnie Buhler Aimee Cadieux Jean Chamberlain
Karen Chezick Sally Chubey Norma Collins Cathy Cramer Evelyn Currie
Grace Dalke Cheryl Digby Cathy Dudgeon Jackie Dudgeon Murphy Della Duncan Lisa Dyck
Karen Dyck Sylvia Dyck Joyce Ehnes Fran Einarson Catherine Evenson Linda Falk
Grace Fehr Janie Fehr Margaret Fehr Heather Francis Esther Fransen Shelley Friesen
Max Friesen Ingrid Friesen Monica Friesen Vera Froese Veronica Frost Monique Gauthier
Tabitha Gervais Pat Gibson Lindsay Guenther Rosemarie Haggerty Jill Halstead
Denise Hartry Gail Hartry Crystal Henderson Janis Henderson Judy Hiebert
Carol Hildebrand Erika Hildebrand Laura Hildebrand Sherry Hildebrand Tiina Hildebrand
Anne Hoeppner Linda Hoeppner Christine Hoeschen Shannon Holenski Barbara Holliston
Carol Holmes Glenda Holod Laraine Hunt Ruth Isaac Elaine Ivey Pam Jackson
Thelma Jamieson Carol Jones Rebecca Kehler Linda Kirk Sherry Klassen Brenda Klassen
Marlene Kroeker Dianne Lambert Lynda Lambert-MacLean Amy-Jean MacLean
Lenore Laverty Sandra Lawrence Jan Leishman Audrey Loewen Debra Loewen
Edith Lovatt Donna Lumgair Lee Lumgair Linda Marek Laura Matychuk
Myrna Mayor Doris Maynard Kathryn Menzies Mary Miller Susan Nelson
Kathryn Newsom Lynda Oakes Nancy Penner Gloria Penner Suzanne C. Powell
Monique Rampton Deanne Reichert Linda Reimer Dawn Rigaux
Kathy Ritchie Agnew Roch Elli Roehm Betty Sager Oddney Sager Betty Sawatzky
Carole Schofield Lynda Schroeder Mary Schroeder Glenda Schwarz Shauna Sheldon
Shirl Shore Ivadell Sigurdson Marilyn Skubovius Doreen Smith Karen Street
Tami Thiessen Marleen Thompson Carol Toews Carol Unger Grace Warkentin
Linda Warkentin Karla Warkentin Dawn Watkins Pamela Weiss Barbara Westfall
Valerie White Avaline Widmer Annemarie Wiebe Merley Wiebe Jodie Wilkinson
Lori Willcocks Ellen Williams Arlene Wiwchar Karen Wowk
Jeanette Zacharias Lisa Zaretzky Valerie Zwarich
(List updated Dec 21/2015)
Women’s Giving Circle donations in memory of
Patricia Esler Elsie Isaac Alice Krahn Carol Wood Brenda Bergen
Mildred Nichol Sigurveig Lambert Amy Doskoch Ruth Mitchell Esther Friesen
Friends of the Women’s Giving Circle
Muriel Derksen Helen Falk Peggy Krause
I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver. Maya Angelou